1. Trust God’s abundance
- We embody an attitude of gratitude and generosity.
- We believe we are called and freed to be caretakers of all that we are and have.
2. Ground ourselves in biblical and theological principles
- We believe in God as creator, and Jesus as role model and redeemer.
- We listen to and interpret all of scripture with an ear for stewardship themes.
3. Hold a holistic perspective
- We steward our whole lives including our time, energy, wisdom, bodies, money and other resources.
- We integrate our faith into our whole lives.
4. Accept interdependence
- We ground ourselves in God’s presence.
- We nurture an attitude of loving kindness toward all of God’s creation.
5. Promote justice
- We seek to understand the impact of social systems and structures.
- We align our decisions and actions to work toward universal peace and justice.
6. Embrace financial health as an expression of faith
- We allow money to flow to and through our lives in ways that nourish us and our world.
- We recognize that our capacity to give is defined by our heart, not our pocketbook.