The following article appears in the March 2015 issue of Trinity Today.
In the Council letter to the congregation, we talk about the need to make staff and other reductions due to Trinity’s present financial situation. We have found it necessary to immediately take the following actions to begin to address the situation:
• Effective in early March, the following ministry staff positions are being eliminated:
• In addition, two previous staff reductions were made in January:
• Zanny Johnson’s role as 10:30 a.m. Worship Leader has been eliminated. She will continue to function as the Care Ministry & New Member Development Coordinator, reducing hours to half-time, 20 hours per week.
• The Saturday evening Worship service will be discontinued after April 4th (the Easter Vigil will cotninue as scheduled); this decision will be re-evaluated in the fall.
• Budgeted operating expenses for the remainder of fiscal year 2015 have been reduced or frozen, effective immediately. This includes but not limited to: staff continuing education, seminary scholarships, summer interns, auxiliary musicians, benevolences, and other program and administrative expenses.
• The total forecast expense savings for the remainder of this fiscal year, in staffing and expenses, is approximately $135,000. The changes to our budget and staffing translates to a reduction of more than $249,000 on an annualized basis.
The decision to reduce staff was a very difficult one and was made after hours of discussion and deliberation. The decisions were driven only by the financial situation that Trinity is in and performance issues were not a factor.
We encourage you to attend the informational meeting on Sunday, March 8, at 11:30 a.m., at which we will be talking about Trinity’s finances and the plan for turning things around. We will also be asking for your suggestions and comments.
Please keep Trinity in your prayers as we work together to solve these problems.
Gail Olson, President
Doug Johnson, Vice President
Sara Godfrey, Secretary
Todd King, Treasurer
Tag(s): Home Worship Connect The River Choirs Concerts Ways to Serve Global Missions Lifelong Learning Care Groups & Teams Classes Children Middle School Senior High Birth - 3 Yrs Mission Tanzania Living in Gratitude Websites Couples Men Confirmation Children's Learning The Bible says... Register Online Children's Choirs Contact Us 2010 Trinity Today Senior High Summer Fun Seniors Classes Women Newsletter Meditations Process Theology Your Giving Plan Songs Prayers Family Gratitude Books Inspiration Spiritual Practices 2 Corinthians 9:10-12 Give News Missions 2012 Minutes & Reports FY'13 Minutes & Reports Annual Reports 2011 Trinity Today 2012 Trinity Today